Cyrpus Weddings on the Island of Love
It’s not just about saying ‘I do’… it’s about creating memories. And what better place to do it in than Cyprus, the island of love… the birthplace of Aphrodite?
According to legend, the ancient Greek goddess of love and beauty was born of the sea foam at Petra tou Romiou. Legend tells that she rose from the waves and was escorted on a shell to this particular beach in the Pafos area.
Cyprus is a small island with a long history and a rich culture that spans over 10,000 years, making it one of the oldest civilisations in the Mediterranean. As such, the island is an open-air museum comprised of monuments from prehistoric settlements to British colonial-style buildings. It is not surprising that UNESCO includes a number of the island’s sights on its World Heritage Sites list.
Cyprus offers a wealth of venues and options for all tastes, all budgets, and all love stories
Apart from its rich culture, Cyprus is blessed with the beauty of nature’s best palette. The scenery of the island unfolds across glittering coasts, rolling mountains, fragrant forests, and rugged headlands. With more than 320 days per year of sunshine, Cyprus is the perfect destination for your romantic getaway, your honeymoon, or your wedding ceremony all year round.
From nuptials on seaside piers and on-board yachts, to five-star spa resorts and wineries, and from civil ceremonies to religious blessings in quaint village taverns or lavish banquet halls, Cyprus offers a wealth of venues and options for all tastes, all budgets, and all love stories.
Making it easy for you…
If the beauty of the island has not yet convinced you, perhaps the following will. There are so many reasons Cyprus wins the hearts of couples wishing to marry abroad, including
- A short flying time from the United Kingdom and all European countries.
- Significantly lower costs compared to marrying in other countries.
- Simple marriage formalities with worldwide legality.
- Wedding certificate given at the ceremony on the same day.
- Ease of last-minute arrangements.
- English widely spoken.
- Stunning variety of different wedding venues, including beaches, yachts, castles, museums, wineries, and traditional villages.
- A range of bespoke, themed, and packaged weddings all available on the island. Traditional Cypriot village weddings that follow the local customs available for something different and unique.
- Location provides a combination of wedding, blessing, and/or renewal of vows with holidays and honeymoons.
- Highly experienced and professional municipal wedding officers available to help you plan your event to suit both your vision and your budget.
- Highly experienced and professional wedding planners available with a specialisation in beautiful bespoke weddings.
- Family and friends can combine wedding with a holiday.
- Delicious Mediterranean cuisine. Warm and welcoming culture. Diverse activities including water sports, golf, sailing, horse riding, walking, cycling, and even skiing and snowboarding in winter.