When booking your dream honeymoon, look no further than the worldwide holiday specialists at Travelmood. Recognised for delivering exceptional service, personalised care and expert advice based on your needs and preferences, you can expect only the best from their team.
If you are dreaming of the ultimate honeymoon destination, filled with white sand beaches, turquoise waters, exciting activities and delicious delicacies then the Maldives is the perfect destination. This stunning archipelago of islands located in the Indian Ocean offers honeymooners the perfect chance to continue your celebrations and allow you the perfect start to married life. Boasting glorious sunshine all year long, waters like nowhere else and underwater beauty that is second to none, it’s no wonder that the Maldives are such a popular honeymoon destination.
The Maldives are often referred to as the lowest country in the world, with its highest natural point less than eight feet above sea-level, making it perfect for wandering around as the terrain is mainly flat. The seductive islands of the Maldives are a spectacular natural masterpiece beaming with beauty in every corner. Due to their small size, each island typically has just one hotel, which simply adds to intimate atmosphere, allowing its guests the perfect chance to enjoy some blissful alone time with a loved one.
Traditional Maldives food is similar to Malaysian in style and naturally, being surrounded by water, the Maldives are quite famous for their seafood, with skipjack tuna being a local speciality. If you are interested, you and your partner can take cooking classes to learn local, traditional cooking techniques so that you can bring a piece of the Maldives home with you. The best option for honeymooners is to choose an all-inclusive resort, allowing you to sample many different dishes and styles for the best value for money. Many hotels fly in top quality chefs from around the world. This is one of the main reasons that hotels are your best bet for food in the Maldives. They will have chefs who specialise in cooking local dishes and others who are adept at various world cuisines.
Rest and relaxation
The Maldives have numerous top quality spas that are purpose-built to pamper you and your spouse and leave you both feeling like royalty. It will definitely prove helpful with easing away any stresses that may have built up in the planning process of your big day! Another surefire way to help you feel completely at ease is lounging on the perfectly white sands sipping a fruity cocktail while listening to the gentle lapping of the waters around you. The islands of the Indian Ocean, and the Maldives in particular, are renowned for their picturesque beaches.
It is important to remember that the beautiful, unspoiled beaches are not just for sunbathing! Why not go snorkelling or scuba diving and get the opportunity to see some of the world’s most beautiful sea life? If diving doesn’t appeal to you, then there are also many exciting above-water activities to partake in, such as traditional fishing trips. Or you can head further out to sea, where speedboat trips and sailing opportunities allow you to take in more of the beautiful Indian Ocean. For the more adventurous, there are some watersports options too, with everything from surfing to canoeing and even jet-skiing on the menu!
Five must-dos on a Maldives honeymoon
- Enjoy a sunset on the beach – It may be a complete cliché but there’s a reason that this is so highly spoken of. Just spend a night on one of the picturesque beaches, watching the sun go down while sipping on champagne with your new husband or wife and you’ll understand why it is unmissable.
- See the coral reef – You absolutely cannot travel to this idyllic part of the world without seeing the coral reefs that adorn the islands. The crystal clear and delightfully warm waters make a dive by the reefs a perfect romantic activity.
- Explore on a safari boat – The breath-taking archipelago of islands offers so much to explore. Hop on a safari boat and discover those beyond your own little paradise.
- Take a submarine ride – Honeymoons are all about unique experiences and it’s not every day that you get the chance to ride in an actual submarine! Get on board the Whale Submarine in Malé and see everything from manta rays to turtles and even dolphins.
- Spot the bioluminescent phytoplankton – This may not sound so romantic on paper but when the plankton crash against each other in the water at night the bioluminescent phytoplankton light up to create a brilliant blue colour that shines like stars in the sea.
Spend seven nights at the 4* Meeru Island Resort & Spa, on a full-board basis, from only €1,599pp. Price includes flights, accommodation and all taxes and charges.
Spend 10 nights at the 4* Oblu by Atmosphere at Helengeli, on an all-inclusive basis, from only €2,169pp. Price includes flights, accommodation and all taxes and charges.
To Book For more information and to book an appointment with one of our specialists call 01 4331052, visit the Travelmood store on Duke Street, Dublin 2 or go to their website www.travelmood.ie